3 Step Ichimoku Trading Plan.
- Find an Email Alert (This can be any alert given by the website.). The best Email alerts are 4 time frames and above.
- Find the major iMTF (ichimoku Multi Time Frame) support/resistance level. (See Videos on iMTF)
- 3rd Money Management. Determine Reward/Risk.
- Risk is the iMTF with a buffer. For a bullish trade, it will be the iMTF minus the buffer. For a bearish trade, it will be the iMTF plus the buffer. The buffer that can be used is 50% of the Average True Range (ATR) for 26 periods.
- Reward: Determine the next major support/resistance
- Reward/Risk: Look for 3:1 reward/risk for pull backs and 1:1 reward risk for break outs.
Watching how price reacts to these iMTF’s, you can tell you a lot about the chart. You can see how strong the sentiment of the chart is. Here are a few rules to consider with iMTF’s and its relation to price.
- If price does not pull back the iMTF, then we have strong sentiment for a break out.
- If price pulls back to the iMTF and holds, we now have a pull back with a high probability to the pivot,
- If price does pull back to the iMTF and breaks it, then we have weakness, which could lead to a consolidation or a reversal.
Rule one is really strong sentiment. Rule two is strong and probabilities can be increased with optimization rules. And rule three is weakness, which can also be looked at as counter trend strength. If you get stopped out, reverse the trade with the same rules above. Allow only two losing trades per alert. If you get stopped out then there is a high probability price is in a consolidations.
NOTE: Please read my article on consolidations.
It’s very important to start with a trading plan. If you don’t have a trading plan, you are doomed to fail. You have no control over the market once you are in the market. What you do have control over is the entry and the exit. It’s important you know where you are getting and and where you are getting out and of course, why are you in the trade.
This is part of the foundation of our education. Even more of the reason why we share these few steps with you. It’s important to start you off on the right steps. Our education takes the foundation and adds to these easy steps. Start here with these easy 3 steps and if you like what you see, ask us about how our educations course can further your success.
EDUCATIONAL USE. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Forex, Futures, Equity and Options Trading has large potential rewards, but also has large potential risk and may not be suitable for everyone. You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in these markets. Do not trade with money you can not afford to lose. This is neither a solicitation nor an offer to Buy/Sell. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed on this document. The past performance of any trading system or methodology is not necessarily indicative of future results. All information provided on the Blog is for educational purpose.